Hello and welcome Ocean Shore families to the 2023-2024 school year!!!
The Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is eager to welcome back all of our families with an especially warm welcome to all entering Kindergarten families and any other families new to Ocean Shore!
I, myself, am a new parent here with an entering Kindergartener and am very much feeling the back to school excitement and nerves!! First off, I wanted to congratulate you and your family for committing to Ocean Shore! Ocean Shore has a very distinctive program from other district schools. We pride ourselves in volunteerism, commitment, and experiential learning. In order to make our unique philosophy come to life we very much rely on the PTO and all of our families to ensure that our school is provided all of the “extras” that enhance learning, make school fun and allow our hardworking teachers and staff to focus on what they do best – teaching!!!
The PTO is a combination of both the Executive Board and PTO job holders, consisting of both parents and teachers/staff, elected each spring to manage the family participation program and oversee the annual PTO budget and fundraising, which cover key aspects of Ocean Shore’s enhanced curriculum, such as field trips, theme days, assemblies, classroom supplies, technology, physical education and art. The community our families and staff have built year after year is one that provides our students and families amazing educational and social opportunities!
OSS Back to School Night is Thursday, Sept 14, 2023! This is a great opportunity for all OSS families to meet teachers and participate in the first planning meeting for each class. Attendance is HIGHLY recommended so families get a chance to meet their class ombuds, sign up for volunteer activities of their choosing and find out about academic information from the teacher(s).
Save the Dates!
PTO General Meetings 6:30-8:30pm (in person and zoom):
September 21, January 18, March 21, May 16
Other ways we encourage you to stay involved with your dolphin(s):
- Do your best to adhere to meet your volunteer hours and to log your hours in the binder in the office. There are many ways to meet volunteer hours including driving for field trips, classroom volunteering, involvement with the PTO – please reach out to your classroom OMBUD for opportunities! There are also ways to stay involved outside of the typical school day – PTO meetings, teacher take home activities, etc.
- We HIGHLY encourage annual family donations/child to help us meet our fundraising goals and ensure that we are able to provide consistent funding for critical school supports (physical education, art, field trips, teacher supplies, etc.) ln order for us to fund PTO activities without dipping into our rainy day fund we would need an average of $400/child/year!!
- Join us for back to school night, fundraising events, PTO general meetings and consider reaching out to support us in filling an open PTO job holder position:
- Check our OSSPTO website often for up to date details on school activities and meetings www.osspto.org.
- Follow us on Facebook @OSSPTO and Instagram @Oss_Pto
Please do reach out with any questions and we wish everyone an amazing school year!!
Ocean Shore School PTO President 2023-24