This information is for parents/guardians of students attending Ocean Shore School and will provide the instructions on how to enter volunteer hours on the ParentSquare website or app. If you have questions about logging hours, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Families will report their own volunteer hours including hours spent on field trips, theme days and as job holders.
- Multiply hour by 2 (hour worked x 2) when working directly with kids. Round up to FULL hour. Overnights max at 12 hours per calendar day.
- Parents/Guardians with ParentSquare access will need to enter hours for other family members or friends that volunteer that don’t have ParentSquare access.
- Entry on the mobile app is limited to 8 hours. Website (accessed on phone or computer) has no limit on hours.
- Volunteer hours are reset each year on July 1st.
- Requested volunteer hours are 85 for one Kinder student, 95 for one student in grade 1 or above and 145 for 2 or more students.
Website – ParentSquare.com
- From Home, click Volunteer Hours in the left sidebar under the Participate section.
- Navigate to Volunteer Hours in left sidebar
- Enter the month, activity, include any additional details (date of volunteering and specific activity – Theme Day, Field Trip, etc.), enter your hours and click Save. Alternatively, hours may be consolidated into one entry per month (e.g. Art Class for 4 weeks).
- Users can view their total number of volunteer hours by month. My Account > Volunteer Hours.
- From Home, tap More in the bottom menu.
- Tap Volunteer Hours at the bottom.
- Tap “+” in the top right corner to add your volunteer hours.
- Enter the month, activity and amount of time. You can add a description (date of volunteering and specific activity – Theme Day, Field Trip, etc.).
- If you volunteer more than 8 hours for one activity, make multiple entries or use the web version to enter hours.
- Tap Save in the top right to record your volunteer hours.